Instructions for Joining the FRAPCON/FRAPTRAN Code Users' Group
- Please contact FRAPCON Users Group at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) to initiate request.
- Concurrently with contacting PNNL, sign and submit the Non-Disclosure Agreement to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). A copy of this agreement can be downloaded here. The agreement may be
scanned and e-mailed to
Ian Porter at the NRC.
- Pending NRC receipt and approval of the Non-disclosure Agreement, PNNL will then send the requestor a contract to join the Users' Group. The cost is $2500 for the first year and $1500 for each year after that. Some restrictions may apply to foreign entities.
- Once the contract is signed, PNNL will provide a link to a site where the FRAPCON and FRAPTRAN codes can be downloaded. A password to the Users' Group website will also be provided where code corrections, updated input instructions, verification case input files, training material, and Users' Group meeting minutes plus presentations are posted.
- Please note that the FRAPCON/FRAPTRAN codes are NOT part of the US-NRC CAMP program.
Renewal of Code Access
- One month before the contract term is complete, a renewal notice will be sent at standard renewal cost. We can offer multi-year contracts to take the hassle out of yearly renewals. If there is no response to the renewal notice before the end of the contract term, access to the codes will be revoked.
- There will be a one-month grace period following the end of the contract during which the renewal price will be the standard $1500 per year.
- Following this grace period the price to renew will be $2500 for the first year and $1500 for each subsequent year.
Last Reviewed: August 11, 2017